ROI Designs no-longer accepts cheques and all payments must be paid for by Bank Transfer, Cash or Deposit.
Web design Payment Schedule
Unless otherwise agreed, ROI Designs take a 50% (fifty percent) deposit of the agreed development cost with the final outstanding balance to be paid at the time of the website going live. Failure to complete this payment will result in the website being temporarily suspended. All outstanding invoices MUST be settled within 48hrs of the issued invoice.
Hosting Terms and Conditions
ROI Designs agrees to provide services to You in exchange for your payment for ROI Designs’ services, your execution and compliance with this agreement, and your compliance with ROI Designs’ Acceptable Use Policy (See Below) and No-Spam Policy. Provision of ROI Designs’ services shall commence once ROI Designs has received both your payment for ROI Designs’ services and this Agreement duly executed by You. You warrant and represent that You shall use ROI Designs’ services only for lawful purposes.
For shared hosting, reseller hosting, and colocation:
This agreement shall renew automatically on an annual basis, at the end of the prior agreement term, unless terminated either by You or by ROI Designs in writing (email, mail, or fax) 30 days prior to the end of the current agreement term.
You may terminate this agreement at any time, for any reason, by contacting ROI Designs, either by phone or email, and requesting that your account be canceled.
ROI Designs shall not refund amounts already billed for the service period in which You terminate the agreement.
If You terminate this agreement, your Web site content, databases, and email messages will be backed up and provided to You as an archive file, and sent to You either by email, PLACED ON A WEB-ACCESSIBLE DIRECTORY FOR DOWNLOAD, or COPIED to a CD AND POSTED TO YOU.
ROI Designs may terminate this agreement at any time, for any reason, by providing written or electronic mail notice of termination to your primary Web site’s e-mail contact address no less than 14 days prior to the service termination; and.
YOU AGREE TO KEEP ROI DESIGNS INFORMED OF ALL CURRENT CONTACT AND BILLING INFORMATION FOR YOUR ACCOUNT (INCLUDING DEBIT/CREDIT CARD INFORMATION). FAILURE TO MAINTAIN OR KEEP CURRENT ALL CONTACT INFORMATION SHALL BE A VALID GROUND FOR ROI DESIGNS’ TERMINATION OF SERVICES FOR CAUSE.
IF ROI DESIGNS TERMINATES YOUR ACCOUNT FOR A VIOLATION OF THIS AGREEMENT, COMPANY’S ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY, OR COMPANY’S NO-SPAM POLICY, COMPANY SHALL NOT BE REQUIRED TO REFUND TO YOU ANY AMOUNTS BILLED TO YOU FOR THE BILLING PERIOD IN WHICH COMPANY SERVICES TERMINATE.
You agree to be billed for all recurring and one-time charges, including late charges, for any ROI Designs services ordered by you and any fees you owe to ROI Designs.
Charges are payable by bank transfer or Direct Debit in monthly instalments where agreed. ROI Designs will invoice you for the first instalment once everything is set up to your satisfaction, and at regular intervals thereafter.
Charges for upgrading your current hosting package, or performing add-on requests, will not be billed until your next invoice.
ROI Designs will submit all invoices to you by email.
ROI Designs shall not be liable for any taxes and other governmental fees to be paid which are related to purchases made from You or from ROI Designs’ server. You agree that You shall be fully responsible for all taxes and fees of any nature associated with products or services sold through the use of or with the aid of services provided to You by ROI Designs.
Any material and data You provide to company in connection with ROI Designs’ services shall be in a condition that is in a form requiring no additional manipulation on the part of ROI Designs. ROI Designs shall make no effort to validate this material or data for content, correctness, or usability. Material or data that is not in this condition shall be a breach of this agreement.
ROI Designs agrees to provide guaranteed service to You under the terms of our Network Service Level Agreement (see below).
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF ROI DESIGNS’ SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
ROI Designs, its agents, affiliates, licensors or the like, do not represent or warrant, expressly or impliedly, that ROI Designs’ services will not be interrupted or error free; neither do they make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of ROI Designs’ services or as to the accuracy, reliability, or content of any information service or merchandise contained in or provided through ROI Designs’ services, unless otherwise expressly stated in this agreement.
You expressly warrant to ROI Designs that You have the right to use any patented, copyrighted, or trademarked material which You use, post, or otherwise transfer to ROI Designs servers.
You are responsible for and must provide all phones, phone services, computers, software, hardware, and other services necessary to access ROI Designs servers. ROI Designs makes no representations, warranties, or assurances that your equipment will be compatible with ROI Designs services.
You expressly represent and warrant that You and any person to whom You grant access to your ROI Designs account have reached the age of eighteen.
You agree that You shall defend, indemnify, save, and hold ROI Designs harmless from any and all demands, liabilities, losses, costs, and claims, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, asserted against ROI Designs, its agents, servants, officers, and employees, that may arise or result from any service provided or performed or agreed to be performed or any product sold by You, your agents, employees, or assigns.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless ROI Designs against liabilities arising out of:
(i) any injury to person or property caused by any products sold or otherwise distributed in connection with ROI Designs services provided to You;
(ii) any material supplied by You infringing or allegedly infringing on the property or proprietary rights of a third party;
(iii) copyright infringement; and
(iv) any defective product which You sold or distributed by means of ROI Designs services.
You agree that the liability limit of ROI Designs shall in no event be greater than the aggregate dollar amount which You paid during the terms of this agreement, including any reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs.
Governing Law; Jurisdiction; Forum. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with UK Law without regard to its conflicts of laws or principles.
Entire agreement. This agreement, including ROI Designs Acceptable Use Policy, and ROI Designs No-Spam Policy, shall constitute the entire agreement between You and ROI Designs.
Web Hosting Acceptable Use Policy
Provider’s Acceptable Use Policy is intended to help enhance the use of the Internet by preventing unacceptable use. All users of Provider’s Internet services (the “Services”) – those who access some of our Services but do not have accounts (“Visitors”) as well as those who pay a monthly service fee to subscribe to the Services (“Clients”) – must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy. We support the free flow of information and ideas over the Internet and do not actively monitor use of the Services under normal circumstances. Similarly, we do not exercise editorial control over the content of any Web site, electronic mail transmission, news group, or other material created or accessible over or through the Services, except for certain proprietary websites. However, in accordance with our Terms of Service Agreement, we may remove any materials that, in our sole discretion, may be illegal, may subject us to liability, or which may violate this Acceptable Use Policy. Provider may cooperate with legal authorities and/or third parties in the investigation of any suspected or alleged crime or civil wrong. Your violation of this Acceptable Use Policy may result in the suspension or termination of either your access to the Services and/or your Provider account or other actions as detailed in Section 3. This Acceptable Use Policy should be read in conjunction with, and is part and parcel of, our Terms of Service Agreement and other policies. By using our web hosting services, you agree to comply with our Acceptable Use Policy.
The following constitute violations of this Acceptable Use Policy:
Illegal use. Using the Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that, intentionally or unintentionally, violates any applicable local, national or international law, or any rules or regulations promulgated thereunder.
- Harm to minors. Using the Services to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way.
- Threats. Using the Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
- Harassment. Using the Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that harasses another.
- Fraudulent activity. Using the Services to making fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services or to advance any type of financial scam such as “pyramid schemes,” “ponzi schemes,” and “chain letters.”
- Forgery or impersonation. Adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited. The use of anonymous remailers or nicknames does not constitute impersonation. Using deliberately misleading headers (“munging” headers) in news postings in order to avoid spam e-mail address collectors is allowed.
- Unsolicited commercial email/ Unsolicited bulk email. Using the Services to transmit any unsolicited commercial email or unsolicited bulk email. Activities that have the effect of facilitating unsolicited commercial email or unsolicited bulk email whether or not that email is commercial in nature, are prohibited
- Bulk e-mail sent through a mail service external to our system can not contain an e-mail address or a domain name that is hosted by Provider. This generally results in complaints being forwarded to our administrative staff and will be cause for immediate account termination or suspension without prior notification.
- Unauthorised access. Using the Services to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of Provider’s or another entity’s computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data.
- Distributing viruses to or from Provider systems.
- Adult Content. Due to special system and network requirements of adult oriented sites, pornography and sex-related merchandising are prohibited. This includes sites that may infer sexual content, or links to adult content elsewhere.
- Collection of personal data. Using the Services to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
- Reselling the services. Reselling the Services without Provider’s authorisation.
- CGI Scripts. CGI script sharing with domains not hosted by Provider is prohibited. Any cgi-scripts deemed to be adversely affecting the server performance or the network integrity will be shut down without prior notice and the owner will be contacted to alleviate the situation.
- Chat Rooms. Provider does not allow clients to install their own chat rooms. Chat rooms tend to be large system hogs and we cannot permit it as an account option.
- Software and Multimedia Distribution. These types of files consume huge amounts of disk space and bandwidth. If you wish to distribute software and/or multimedia files (graphics, audio, and video), please contact us for a special arrangement.
- Network disruptions and unfriendly activity. Using the Services for any activity which adversely affects the ability of other people or systems to use Provider Services or the Internet. This includes “denial of service” (DoS) attacks against another network host or individual user. Interference with or disruption of other network users, network services or network equipment is prohibited. It is the Client’s responsibility to ensure that their network is configured in a secure manner. A Client may not, through action or inaction, allow others to use their network for illegal or inappropriate actions. A Client may not permit their network, through action or inaction, to be configured in such a way that gives a third party the capability to use their network in an illegal or inappropriate manner.
3. Reporting Violations of Provider’s Acceptable Use Policy
Provider requests that anyone who believes that there is a violation of this Acceptable Use Policy direct the information to our System Abuse Department by contacting us.
If available, please provide the following information:
- The IP address used to commit the alleged violation
- The date and time of the alleged violation, including the time zone or offset from GMT
- Evidence of the alleged violation
- E-mail with full header information provides all of the above, as do syslog files. Other situations will require different methods of providing the above information.
- Provider may take any one or more of the following actions in response to complaints:
- Issue warnings: written or verbal
- Suspend the Client’s newsgroup posting privileges
- Suspend the Client’s account
- Terminate the Client’s account
- Bill the Client for administrative costs and/or reactivation charges
- Bring legal action to enjoin violations and/or to collect damages, if any, caused by violations.
4. Revisions to This Acceptable Use Policy
Network Service Level Agreement
ROI Designs guarantees 99.9% accessibility (uptime) for all web sites, web servers, routing devices, and Internet connections within its network.
Network Service Level Agreement Exclusions
Routine maintenance – ROI Designs may on occasion need to perform maintenance on network hardware, including servers and routing devices. This might include rebooting a server or routing device, temporarily suspending or restarting a service within a server.
Malfunction of colocation property – if network equipment belonging to a colocation client malfunctions or fails, and ROI Designs was not responsible for the malfunction or failure, ROI Designs will coordinate with the client to assist in the repair or replacement of the equipment, but cannot offer a guaranteed resolution time.Network Service Level Agreement Remedy
The following example considers a two-hour outage:
A network outage lasts for 2 hours, 20 minutes
2 hrs, 20 mins rounded to the nearest hour = 2 hrs
2 hrs * 1/30 = 2/30th of a month credit
All remedied credits will be issued during the following billing cycle.
All eligible requests for compensation must be received within 5 business days of the incident in question. All requests for credit must be made in writing (by submitting a ticket through our Support System).
ROI Designs No-Spam Policy
ROI Designs strictly prohibits Spamming. One of the most serious abuses is using your web hosting account to send unsolicited commercial e-mail, otherwise known as Spam. The following are examples of Spam and are blatantly contrary to our Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy, and will result in termination of web hosting services.
Inappropriate E-mail Activities
Harassment: Defined as sending threatening or harassing e-mail after being requested to stop, is prohibited. Extremely threatening or harassing e-mail never is allowed.
We are not attempting to censor, nor are we attempting to curtail the business of our customers. But as a whole, Spamming hurts our members and us more than it helps the one who does the Spam. Do yourself, and us, a favour: PLEASE DON’T DO IT.
If you know of any ROI Designs client that is or might be violating this policy, please send a message or, if possible, forward the Spam in full (including headers) to us by contacting us.
By paying for hosting service, you agree to the terms outlined above.
Terms updated 02/11/2017